lunes, 31 de marzo de 2014

Lebron James fullfills the dream of a young girl with cancer

Ebony Nettles-Bey had the chance of being part of the Heat’s roster during the game against the Milwaukee Bucks.



Ebony Nettles-Bey is a young player of 16 years old, who, since a few years ago, faces her most difficult game. Her dream, like any other child, was to meet her idol, Lebron James. Her family and friends started a campaign on twitter few months ago, with the purpose of joining Ebony and Lebron. The waiting ended last Saturday when the Heats visited Milwaukee, the city in which Ebony resides.

Lebron was close to her all the time, making her feeling as an authentic NBA player. She participated in the warm-up, she was at the team-talk, on the court presentation and at the national anthem.

At the end of the game, Lebron declared: "I didn't need to meet her to understand and know how strong she was. It was great to be around her, to see her enthusiasm and her fight, it’s like she doesn't even have it. It's not going to stop her. That's a very unique trait. I couldn’t understand why she would choose to meet me. Why not go to Disney World? Why not does something cool? Why would you want to meet me? I feel blessed.". 

Ebony was so excited after meeting her idol: “They didn’t act like stars. They acted like they knew me(…)“I felt a lot of pressure to make one. I finally did one out of four , He said I couldn’t walk off the floor until I made a shot.” Moreover, she revealed her next goal: “I want to play in the WNBA".




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario